At some early point in the evolution of your business, you’ll need to optimize scheduling. It may be the schedules of the people you employ, whether a handful or a hangar full. It may be the customers you must schedule, the patients you must see, the meetings you must run.
Scheduling software today isn’t what your mentors used coming up, even though scheduling itself is timeless. The proliferation of this software, and the range of specializations in this space, are staggering. Entire markets thrive in distinct functional areas:
- Medical scheduling. Apps like SimplePractice, TheraNest Mental Health, and NueMD are tailored to the medical industry for scheduling patients, staff, and facilities.
- Production scheduling. Within manufacturing, facilitate advance planning and scheduling of facilities. Examples include monday.com, E2 Shop System, and Statii. Perhaps the best-known kanban-style task management software is Trello.
- Web-conferencing software. Among the well-known apps in this category, used for online meetings, desktop sharing, and video conferencing are GoToMeeting, TeamViewer, Skype, and Adobe Connect.
- Employee scheduling. For managing personnel, popular apps include Shiftboard, Homebase, Tsheets, Whentowork, and When I Work.
Here are five popular and highly functional appointment-scheduling apps for scheduling clients and coworkers, patients and customers, as well as meetings across multiple locations.
When choosing a scheduling app, one of the most important considerations is how well it integrates with commonly used business applications—whether for web conferencing, CRM or dispatching service calls—and, if needed, with automation tools. The five apps listed here are among Capterra’s top-rated apps and trend regularly in the business press. These are samples of the many apps available for managing teams and individuals, in-house and customer-facing staff alike.
- For individuals and work groups to schedule meetings without all the email tag, this web-based app integrates with popular apps like Google Calendar, iCal, Outlook, Office 365, Salesforce, Stripe, Zapier, Slack, and MailChimp.
- No mobile version is yet available.
- Users can send invitees reminders in advance of oncoming meetings.
- Calendly links may be embedded into your website and into sales & marketing campaigns.
- Calendly Basic is free. Advanced features and support start at $8 per user per month.
- Among the most widely known group-scheduling tools, Doodle’s polling functionality is simple and easy to schedule invitees according to the criteria you set.
- The mobile app is free and loads responsively on any mobile device.
- Polls are available to assess not only meeting availability but practically anything else too—whether polling for employees’ dietary restrictions or musical preferences for special events.
- Doodle is available free. The Premium version, starting at $39 per year, removes advertising, permits customized branding and custom subdomains, and SSL encryption.
- YCBM is known for its affordability, it’s comparatively “unflashy” UI, and ease of use.
- A Google account is required.
- Permis users to connects invitees’ various personal calendars (Google, iCloud, Microsoft apps, etc), so you can readily manage the entire team’s availability.
- You can permits your customers to make their own appointments, and use the app to set reminders and send calendar invitations and customizable notifications to reduce no-shows.
- Features Zapier & Stripe integration.
- A free version is available. The ad-free, paid version ($10 per month) adds reminders, custom styling ad unlimited booking fields.
- This appointment-scheduling app lets clients cancel and reschedule themselves, and automatically sends reminders of upcoming meetings.
- Acuity manages schedules for multiple locations and employees.
- Collects and organizes customer data, linking them to relevant appointments.
- The user-friendly interfaces are customizable and brandable.
- The paid version of Acuity integrates with Stripe, Paypal and Authorize.net. Both paid and free versions sync with most standard calendar apps.
- Paid versions start at $15 per mo.
- The simple functionality of Appointy supports all types of verticals such as health & wellness, education, medicine, fitness & recreation, beauty salons, professional services, governments and NGOs.
- Appointy can schedule classrooms, workshops and events, and it allows customers to schedule themselves.
- Integrates readily with Facebook and your business’s website. Appointy can provides a unique subdomain if you have no site of your own.
- Provides business analytics within the app.
- With this app, you can accept appointments online; send automated email and SMS reminders; accept online prepayments; create gift cards, deals and more.
- Appointy integrates with social media and Google Calendar, and is available in the cloud and on mobile devices.
- Available free; paid plans begin at $19.99 per month per user
tekMountain, a leading entrepreneurial and innovation center based in Southeastern North Carolina, takes productivity innovation seriously. Whether your business is just getting started or scaling to that next level, we have the business acumen, critical networks, and technical know-how to synergize your adventure. Give us a call today.